Universal’s Islands of Adventure theme park
Located right next door to Universal Studios, you’ll experience the innovative thrills and unexpected adventures of Universal’s Islands of Adventure theme park, where the world’s most cutting-edge rides and attractions challenge all your senses. Here timeless myths, legends, children’s stories, cartoons and comic books come to life right before your eyes.
We Know Islands of Adventure Better than Most!
In our opinion, Islands is the better of Universal’s two theme parks, offering a greater depth of theming and attractions, and in general, a much better day of fun. Islands of Adventure is divided into 6 primary areas, all of which circle a lagoon in the center of the park.
Islands of Adventure is the most technologically advanced theme park in the world. It is a collection of islands based on different themes. The islands are: Port of Entry, Marvel Super Hero Island, Toon Lagoon, Jurassic Park, The Lost Continent, and Seuss Landing. The theming is spectacular, and the details in the lands are worth noticing, so make sure you don’t rush through the entire park.
The Lands of Islands of Adventure and Their Main Attractions
PORT OF ENTRY is the park entrance area. The theme is “The Adventure Begins.” This open-air bazaar around the park’s icon, the Lighthouse, is reminiscent of a base camp, the sort of village from which one might board a prop plane for his or her next destination. There are no attractions in Port of Entry.
MARVEL SUPER HERO ISLAND
This land takes you inside the world of comic book heroes and villains. The battle between good and evil is prevalent throughout, and the rides are thrilling. Take time to appreciate the architecture as well.
- Incredible Hulk Coaster – High speed roller coaster through seven inversions at speeds of over 65 m.p.h
- Doctor Doom’s FearFall – Riders blast 200 feet up a tower than freefall back down again.
- The Amazing Adventures SpiderMan – 3-D effects and special motion vehicles send riders on an exciting adventure that is among the best rides in the world.
- Storm Force Accelatron – Guests can spin their own vehicles as they whirl around at high speeds.
This is where the Sunday funnies come to life. Exciting attractions and excellent dining and shopping make this land fun for all ages, and the visuals are stunning.
- Dudley Do-Right’s Ripsaw Falls – Log flume featuring a 75 foot plunge down a waterfall.
- Popeye & Bluto’s Bilge-Rat Barges – White-water rafting adventure with Popeye that leaves riders completely drenched.
- Me Ship, The Olive – Visitors explore Popeye’s ship which is full of interactive elements and water play area
As the name implies, this land takes you inside the books and films of the same name. From the familiar gates complete with logo, to the exotic plants lining the walkway, you will truly feel that you have entered the land of dinosaurs.
- Camp Jurassic – Playground with elaborate landscaping and theming including slides and caves to explore.
- Pteranodon Flyers – Short tame roller coaster high above Camp Jurassic
- Jurassic Park River Adventure – Slow moving boat ride through Jurassic Park that ends with a thrilling 85 foot plunge.
- Jurassic Park Discovery Center – Exhibit featuring displays on dinosaurs and the opportunity to see a live dinosaur get hatched.
THE LOST CONTINENT
Myths and legends reign supreme in this Renaissance Faire styled land. The shopping is excellent in the open-air market, and the rides here are incredible.
- The Flying Unicorn – Tame roller coaster through a mystical forest.
- Dueling Dragons – Intense inverted roller coaster with two tracks, both featuring five inversions and speeds over 55 m.ph.
- Poseidon’s Fury – This walking tour of Poseidon’s temple becomes an adventure filled with special effects and illusions.
As the name implies, this island takes you inside the stories of Theodore Geisel, aka Dr. Seuss. Every bit of the island, from the rides to the décor, was carefully supervised and approved by Dr. Seuss’s widow.
- The High-in-the-Sky Seuss Trolley – Relaxing tour through the rooftops of Seuss Landing.
- Caro-Seuss-el – Unlike normal carousels, this attraction uses Dr. Suess characters instead of horses.
- One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish – Climb aboard a fish and spin around to a Seussian rhyme.
- The Cat in the Hat – This ride tells the story of the Cat in the Hat through some great special effects.
- If I Ran the Zoo – Interactive area where guests can discover some of the more unusual creatures from Dr. Seuss.