Watch Pelicans Game Live Free
- Watch Pelicans Game Live Free
- Consider Sling TV for keeping up with the New Orleans Pelicans live
- Subscribe to PlayStation Vue to Watch Pelicans Game Tonight
- Subscribe to NBA League Pass for comprehensive coverage of the New Orleans Pelicans
- Stream Pelicans Game Tonight for free with a TV antenna
- Use TNT Overtime to catch a few New Orleans Pelicans games live throughout the season
For fans of the New Orleans Pelicans, it may seem like your only option for keeping up with the team is an expensive cable sports package. With cable prices soaring to $100+ every month for many customers, this is a cost-prohibitive option that may make you want to throw in the towel and give up on ever watching the game live or otherwise.
The great news is that today’s landscape of rapidly evolving technologies has spilled over into the sports entertainment world. There are several fairly new alternatives to a cable subscription that will help you cut the cord on cable while still keeping up with your favorite team. Below, we’ll explore the options available for keeping up with the Pelicans on the cheap.
Consider Sling TV for keeping up with the New Orleans Pelicans live
Sling TV is an online live streaming service offered by Dish Network. Overall, it’s the best option on this list when you consider the features and the price point together. Here’s what you need to know about the service:
- No contract, no commitment
- Residents of the southwest get access to FOX Sports Southwest, which airs almost every New Orleans Pelicans game
- Residents of the New Orleans area get access to FOX Sports New Orleans, which airs almost every Pelicans game as well
- Access to TNT and ESPN, which will cover many Pelicans games for those outside of the southwest
- Access to channels the rest of the family will enjoy such as Food Network, Disney Channel, TBS, A&E, Adult Swim, and others
- Access to ABC so you can watch featured games via NBA on ABC
- Variety of streaming options, including smart TVs, gaming consoles, smartphones, tablets, and dedicated streaming devices like Roku
- Promotion: Get a Roku for free when you sign up for 3 months of service
- Promotion: discount on an Apple TV after signing up for 3 months of service
- One week free trial to ‘try before you buy’
- Discounted subscription for T-Mobile customers
Although not the most comprehensive option on the list, Sling TV is definitely the best value for the price and range of channels. There’s also a range of subscription packages, so it’s easy to find the right one for you.
Subscribe to PlayStation Vue to Watch Pelicans Game Tonight
PlayStation Vue is another streaming service in the same vein as Sling TV, this one offered by Sony. While it offers many of the same channels as Sling TV, PS Vue is overall not nearly as good of an option. It’s more expensive for one, with packages starting between $29.99 and $39.99 depending on your location.
Your streaming options are also very limited as far as devices go. While it might be worth looking into, it’s hard to imagine a Pelicans fan that would be better serviced by Vue than Sling.
Subscribe to NBA League Pass for comprehensive coverage of the New Orleans Pelicans
While this is by far the most comprehensive option on the list, that’s reflected in the price. Weighing in at a hefty $199.99 per season. League Pass runs cheaper than a cable subscription — but not by a lot. It also comes with one major drawback; local team games are blacked out for live streaming, and can only be accessed on-demand after the game is over.
If you live locally to the team that you follow and watching the game live is important to you, this isn’t the right package for you. That said, if you don’t live in the New Orleans area, this might be a good option for keeping up with the Pelicans! Here are the features:
- Stream all regular-season games live (not including local teams)
- Replays of all regular-season games are on-demand
- All playoff games available for replay on demand (these are not available live)
- On-demand replays of classic and iconic games from NBA history
- Accessible from computers, smartphones, tablets, and streaming devices like Roku
- Stream up to four games at once
- Stream up to 40 games per week
Other services offered by the NBA are available as well. There is NBA Team Pass, where you get access to live streaming and replays of the games for one team at $119.99, and Single Game Pass, allowing you to stream one single game for $6.99. Note that local blackouts still apply to these services as well. League Pass International, for non-US residents, offers the same features as NBA League pass without the blackouts.
Overall, this may be a good option for those who follow the Pelicans outside of the New Orleans area if your price point is a bit higher, but Pelicans fans in or near New Orleans would likely be better off with a different subscription service that offers live coverage.
Stream Pelicans Game Tonight for free with a TV antenna
While this option has fallen out of favor — most likely because public broadcast networks are also available as a part of a cable subscription or a streaming subscription — this is still an option for those who live locally to the New Orleans area.
The initial cost to you is the purchase of an antenna to connect to your TV, but after that, it’s completely free. There is a range of HD antennas on the market at pretty reasonable prices. Networks like NBC, CBS, FOX, and the CW are available over the air, but the network that Pelicans fans are concerned with is ABC. Through NBA on ABC, you can catch several featured games throughout the season.
If you don’t think this is an option because you won’t always be home while the game is airing, you can look into purchasing an over the air digital video recorder (OTA DVR) before dismissing this option out of hand. There is a wide range of these for sale, ranging from basic and low cost to high tech and a little pricey.
Overall, this isn’t the most comprehensive option and may not allow you to catch every Pelicans game of the season, but it’s hard to argue with free. At the very least, it may be a good option to combine with a subscription to a streaming service like Sling TV.
Use TNT Overtime to catch a few New Orleans Pelicans games live throughout the season
TNT is a free service offered by the TNT network. It allows you to live-stream one or two games per week throughout the season through the mobile app TNT Overtime. Not nearly all games will be available, but it does have some cool features such as allowing you to watch the game from four camera angles at the same time. While this isn’t an option to rely on as your sole viewing method, it can be a cool supplement to the other options on the list.
With such a wide range of viewing options available — all cheaper than cable — cutting out your cable sports package is not only doable, but a completely viable and fairly simple choice to make. Between all of the options above, it’s very nearly a certainty that there’s an option for every New Orleans Pelicans fan out there.