If there is any town you don’t want to be left out in the cold in, the Windy City is atop the list. If you are looking for a cheap motel or a deluxe suite, Chicago has all the options. Chicago’s luxurious hotels include the Peninsula Chicago which would run a couple anywhere between $450-$550, but is stationed in the heart of the City by the Lake’s “Magnificent Mile.” If these accommodations fit your wallet you will be in the middle of the city with a view that is only skewed by the Willis Tower and the rest of the Windy City’s skyline.
But clearly not everyone will be staying in one of Chicago’s famed hotels, so before you head out for a slice of authentic Chi-Town deep dish or watch Derek Rose lead the Bulls onto the court, make sure you book one of these affordable rooms for lodging. For under $150 it will be very hard to find any five-star hotels, but there are four and three-star hotels in prime locations that won’t run your wallet dry during your next vacation.
Days Inn Chicago
Price per Night: as low as $150
When you walk through the front door, the Days Inn cow, Planet Chicowgo, will be waiting in the lobby to take your reservation. Planet Chicowgo was put on display in Lincoln Park during the 1999 Cows on Parade phenomenon. This Days Inn has won the Days Inn Chairman’s Award Property for the past 12 years due to its affordable rooms and quality service.
- Address: 644 W Diversey Pkwy, Chicago IL 60614
- Features: Free WiFi, complimentary breakfast buffet, complimentary USA Today newspaper, access to Bailey’s Total Fitness gym and facilities, guest laundry and dry cleaning services
- Amenities: Each room consists of beds which are triple-sheeted, TV’s have standard cable and HBO
- Rooms contain digital laptop safes, coffee makers, alarm clock radios, hairdryers, and voice mail.
- Location: -15 Miles from both Chicago airports, 2 miles north of Downtown Chicago, .25 miles from Saint Joseph’s Hospital
Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown
Price per Night: as low as $110
This boutique hotel offers contemporary rooms in the heart of downtown Chicago. They offer a concierge office to ensure that customers enjoy their stay in the Windy City. Due to its close proximity to the Magnificent Mile great dining will never be a problem and you can shop ‘til you drop.
- Address: 15 E. Ohio Street, Chicago, IL, US, 60611
- Features: Activity desk, hot tub, fitness center, meeting room, airport shuttle, and an indoor pool.
- Amenities: Free high-speed internet, coffee maker in room, iron and ironing board, hairdryer, and two phones
- Location: right in the middle of Downtown Chicago, 2 blocks from Magnificent Mile
Chicago South Loop Hotel
Price per Night: as low as $110 ($10 discount for AAA card)
A drive up Michigan Avenue will lead you to this luxurious hotel. It offers endless services that are bound to leave all customers satisfied. Whether a sports bar or day spa proves to be your desire, Chicago South Loop Hotel will most likely have a feature that suits you. With public transportation right around the corner and free overnight parking, downtown Chicago is a short venture down Michigan Ave.
- Address: 11 W. 26th St. Chicago, IL 60616
- Features: Free high-speed internet (wired and wireless), free overnight parking, same-day dry cleaning, and laundry service, indoor pool, fitness center, on-site full-service wedding planner, SL Sports Bar, and Lounge, L26 Restaurant and Lounge, Kimberly Coleman salon and spa, deli & coffee shop on site
- Amenities: Writing desk, large bathroom with garden tub, iron and board, hairdryer, bathroom amenities offered, separate seating area with sofa and chairs
- Location: Convenient access to public transportation, 3.5 miles from Magnificent Mile
Chicago’s Essex Inn
Price per Night: as low as $130
Hop on a shuttle and get into the heart of downtown Chi-Town five minutes down the road. Whether staying back and enjoying the indoor pool looking out on Lake Michigan or sightseeing in the Windy City; this hotel is a great deal with an essential location that will be a great start to your trip and won’t leave you bankrupt.
Most hotels offer discounts, such as the AAA card for Chicago South Loop Hotel, so make sure whenever booking hotels to ask if a discount is available. Chicago’s a great city and these are four choices that will leave you satisfied, your wallet full and a warm bed to come home to. You can save on these and other hotels by using hotel coupons as well.
- Address: 800 South Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60605
- Features: Swimming pool, sauna, fitness center, rooftop garden, business center, complimentary shuttle to Michigan Ave., restaurant & lounge, and valet parking.
- Amenities: In-room wireless internet access, laundry room, ATM, dry cleaning services, safe-deposit box, and a refrigerator in each room.
- Location: 1.5 miles from Magnificent Mile, 5-minute shuttle ride to downtown from your hotel