Finding cheap hotels in Santa Barbara isn’t easy. Santa Barbara is one of the most beautiful places in the United States, and accordingly, it is one of the most expensive places to live or to visit. A single night in a hotel in this beach-side community can cost nearly $600 for swanky five-star accommodations such as the Four Seasons. But what if you don’t want to take out a second mortgage on your home just to pay for a week at the beach? For reasonable people, there are some affordable options for places to stay in SB. Below are the top picks for cheap hotels in Santa Barbara. Each option listed below is under $90 per night**. Pick one of these places from the list below and then bask in the splendor of savings, surf, and sunsets.
Check out the map at the bottom of the post to see where all of these hotels are located!
Price Per Night: $88.22
Located 6.4 km from Arroyo Burro Beach Country Park, this hotel in Santa Barbara, California
- Location: 3525 State St. Santa Barbara, CA 93105
- Features: In addition to an outdoor pool and a spa tub, Sandpiper Lodge features a concierge desk and coffee in the lobby. Guests are served a complimentary breakfast each morning.
- Amenities: Guestrooms include air conditioning, coffee/tea makers, and satellite televisions. Business-friendly amenities include desks, fax machines, and voice mail. All guestrooms provide refrigerators. Bathrooms provide hairdryers and complimentary toiletries.
- Distance from the Beach: 3.9 Miles
Super 8 Santa Barbara/Goleta
Price Per Night: $69.00
Only a short distance from beautiful California beaches and directly across from an executive golf course, this Goleta motel provides easy access to area attractions, comfortable accommodations and modern amenities.
- Location: 6021 Hollister Ave. Goleta, CA 93117
- Features: Super 8 Santa Barbara/Goleta has an outdoor pool, high-speed Internet access, and guests are served a complimentary breakfast each morning. In other words, it’s a Super 8, you should know what to expect.
- Amenities: Each room includes air conditioning, coffee/tea makers, and free local calls. Guestrooms have cable television with premium TV channels and HBO.
- Distance from the Beach: 1.8 Miles
La Quinta Inn & Suites
Price Per Night: $79.00
One of our top picks in Santa Barbara. Located 3.2 km from Sterns Wharf, this Santa Barbara hotel features an outdoor pool. Free Wi-Fi in rooms is offered to all guests.
- Location: 1601 State St, Santa Barbara, CA 93101
- Features: La Quinta Inn has two outdoor pools and a spa tub. A continental breakfast is complimentary to guests.
- Amenities: All 112 air-conditioned guestrooms offer 32 inch LCD televisions with HBO and DVD players. Business-friendly amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access, free local calls, and voice mail. All guestrooms provide microwaves, coffeemakers, and refrigerators.
- Distance from the Beach: 3.6 Miles
Fiesta Inn and Suites
Price Per Night: $79.30
- Location: 1816 State St. Santa Barbara, CA 93101
- Features: Business amenities at this 2.0-star property include wireless Internet access and business services. The front desk is open during limited hours.
- Amenities: Fiesta Inn and Suites has 24 guestrooms that provide everything you would expect. This includes televisions with premium cable, phones with complimentary local calls, coffee/tea makers, and complimentary toiletries. Guestrooms are accessible via exterior corridors.
- Distance from the Beach: 1.8 Miles
Quality Inn Santa Barbara
Price Per Night: $81.99
Featuring an outdoor pool, Quality Inn Santa Barbara is conveniently located 1.6 km from Mission Santa Barbara and 3.2 km from historic State Street.
- Location: 3055 De La Vina St. Santa Barbara, CA 93105
- Features: Quality Inn Santa Barbara has an outdoor pool. Business amenities include wireless Internet access and business services. Guests are served a complimentary breakfast each morning.
- Amenities: Amenities featured in guestrooms include air conditioning, coffee/tea makers, and free local calls. Business-friendly amenities include desks and direct-dial phones. All guestrooms provide refrigerators. Bathrooms feature shower/tub combinations, hairdryers, and complimentary toiletries. Guestrooms are accessible via exterior corridors.
- Distance from the Beach: 3.3 Miles
**These prices are nightly averages which may change depending on the time of year you are traveling and could be higher or lower depending on the day of the week (weekends are usually more expensive).
With lodging, most of the time you get what you pay for, and that is exactly the case in this town. Hopefully one of the choices listed above will work for you. No, you won’t get a personal butler or a sprawling room that looks like it should be featured on MTV Cribs, but you will get a decent bed and a roof over your head, and that is all you need from a cheap hotel in Santa Barbara.